Location: west from Ubud, near Mengwi
By car from Ubud: 1,5 hours
Alas Kedaton is a small rain forest with 12 hectares size of land located in Marga district. This forest is dwelt by the group of monkeys where there is a secret Hindu temple residing in this forest surrounded by the pure natures and fresh atmosphere that create more secret and serenity.
This temple has two kinds of uniqueness.
Firstly, it has four entrances into the temple, namely the entrance from the west functioning as the main entrance, then from the north, east and the south. All the entrances lead to the middle courtyard. Secondly, the courtyard becoming the sanctum sanctorum is even lower than the middle and outermost courtyard. The sanctum is surrounded by a forest becoming the native home to a group of monkeys considered sacred. Besides, there also live a group of flying foxes suspending on the branches of large trees. When they are flying together, it generates a very interesting attraction for domestic and foreign tourists.
Uluwatu Temple, a beautiful place with great views
Places of interest
- Ubud Writers and Readers Festival October 26-30, 2016. 1 year ago
- International Hang Gliding and Paragliding Event coming to Bali October 10-16, 2016. 1 year ago
- "Dreamworld" an Art Exhibition by Irene Hoff and friends at Pullman Nirwana Legian Through – December 11, 2016 1 year ago
- Bali by the Numbers: Bali Foreign Tourist Arrivals Heading Towards Record 4.8 million Arrivals for 2016 1 year ago
- Series of Free Workshops on Saving Bali’s Environment to be Held in Bali during October 2016 1 year ago