Bedugul area, places of interest
Location: north west from Ubud
By car from Ubud: 2-2,5 hrs
1) Pura Ulun Danu Bratan, click here
2) Botanical Garden: More than 2000 species of plants are preserved at Bali Botanic Garden, represent plants from montane areas of the eastern Indonesia: Bali, Nusa Tenggara, Sulawesi, Maluku and Papua. New plants are acquired from commercial nurseries, arboreta, botanic gardens, plant breeding programs and collecting expeditions.
3) Candikuning: Market for fFruits and flowers. A variety of fruit such as durian on season, mango, banana, salak (snake fruit), papaya, green apple, avocado, strawberry, sweet corn, peanut, coffee powder, and many kind of herbs.
For flower and vegetables they sell orchids, carrot, rose, orange and etc.
4) Munduk: famous rice terrace view
5) Twin lakes: Buyan and Tamblingan have a very charming appeal. The authenticity of nature in the lake is still strongly felt, for example, in the absence of the use of motorized boats in the lake. Local people use small boats called “pedahu” for fishing. With the cool air that completely surrounded by green mountains, fresh air atmosphere provide a calm and comfortable.
This lake is ideal for water recreation such as kayaking and fishing. For those who loved nature and recreation, the lake is the place.